“Vaudeville Night” arrives August 26 for its annual entertaining fun(d)raising event presented by the Labyrinth Walk Coffee House at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Oak Cliff, 3839 W. Kiest Blvd., Dallas. A donation of $10 is requested for those over 12. Tickets can be purchased on line at http://www.labyrinthwalkcoffeehouse.com or at the door. Doors open at 7:30 pm.
Just as the original Vaudeville in the early 1880’s, the show consisted of a variety of unrelated acts including the following:
* Freddie Jones - an amazing, energetic musical talent who has played the National Anthem at Rangers’ Stadium, has performed throughout the southwest, abroad in Paris, the Hague, and Rotterdam. He has performed at the Labyrinth Walk Coffee House where he was a huge hit. http://freddiejones.net/ At Rangers Stadium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODu6WWRSk-4
* Circus Freaks – a plucky band of versatile variety vaudevillians http://circusfreaks.org/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIessrc1UAE;
* Emmeline - a perennial favorite - a pint-sized singer/songwriter from Dallas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFmO5_3zyY);
* Kimberly Engle - a versatile and popular flutest whose repertoire ranges from jazz to classical.
* Wigouts - must be seen to be believed;
* Steve Leach - a singer/guitarist who has been singing in around Dallas and beyond for years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJBjYM9oCg
* Elissa Belle – will Dance her way into your heart;
* Judith Anderson – a lilting soprano voice with a wide range of songs in her unique fashion;
* Autumn - Another unique and beautiful voice.
* Maradukes Unplugged - a very talented duet – specializing in classic folk music & style.
The Labyrinth Walk Coffee House is a non-profit operated entirely by volunteers. Like us at https://www.facebook.com/LabyrinthWalkCoffeeHouse